Welcome to the ACLS Provider Course
*NOTE: You can download this page in a pdf to be printed HERE.
Where the Class Will Be Given:
Springhill Suites by Marriott Tampa North
5396 Primrose Lake Circle
Tampa, FL 33647
*Please plan to arrive on time because it will be difficult for late students to catch up once we start. Students are expected to attend and participate in the entire course.
How to Get Ready:
The ACLS Provider Course is designed to teach you the lifesaving skills required to be both a team member and a team leader in either an in-hospital or an out-of-hospital setting. Because the ACLS Provider Course covers extensive material in a short time, you will need to prepare for the course beforehand.
You should prepare for the course by doing the following:
- -Complete the precourse preparation checklist in your ACLS Provider Manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course. You must pass the Self-Assessment with 70% or better.
- -Review the course agenda.
- -Review and understand the information in your ACLS Provider Manual. Pay particular attention to the ACLS cases in Part 5.
- -The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current. You will be tested on 1-rescuer adult CPR and AED skills at the beginning of the ACLS Provider Course. You must know this in advance, since you will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED.
- -Review, understand, and complete the ECG and Pharmacology Precourse Self-Assessment on the Student Website (www.heart.org/eccstudent). Once on the student website, enter passcode: acls15.
*You will not be taught how to read or interpret ECGs in the course, nor will you be taught details about ACLS pharmacology.
- -Print your scores for the Precourse Self-Assessment and bring them with you to class.
What This Course Does Not Cover:
The ACLS Provider Course does not teach algorithms, ECG rhythm recognition, or pharmacology. If you do not learn and understand the ECG and pharmacology information in the Precourse Self-Assessment, it is unlikely that you can successfully complete the ACLS Provider Course.
What to Bring and What to Wear
Bring your ACLS Provider Manual class. You will need it during each lesson in the course.
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to class. You will be practicing skills that require you to work on your hands and knees, and the course requires bending, standing, and lifting. If you have any physical condition that might prevent you from engaging in these activities, please tell an instructor. The instructor may be able to adjust the equipment if you have back, knee, or hip problems.
If you have questions before the course, please feel free to call us at 813-453-9974
You can also email us anytime at email@example.com
We look forward to providing you with a fun and stress free ACLS course!
ACLS Course Preparation Completion Guide Checklist
*All of the below information can be found on the AHA student website www.heart.org/eccstudent – Password: acls15
**Please initial each line after completion and bring to class with your pre course self- assessment certificate.
________Viewed Airway Management Video
________Viewed Stroke Video
________Viewed ACS Video
________Viewed High-Quality BLS Skills Video
_______ ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment Test (Mandatory, Pass with 70% or better)
________Reviewed the ACLS Provider Manual Supplementary Material
_________Reviewed the ACLS Cases in the ACLS Provider Manual Part 5 Pg. 43-154
_________Reviewed the Algorithms for each case in the ACLS Provider Manual
_________ Reviewed the Summary Tables on pages 170-174
Students must also be proficient in preforming BLS CPR skills, reading/interpreting ECGs, understanding ACLS drugs, and performing the BLS and ACLS surveys.